Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, May 13, 2005

It won't eat your brains, ...

.

but your head might hurt the next day!

Appropos on Friday the 13th, eh?

A friend is fairly freaked out when it comes to zombies; and I don't blame her.

Some neglectful adult allowed me to see "Night of the Living Dead" when I was much too young and impressionable. I had recurring nightmares for years...

But here's a Zombie that shouldn't cause too much damage...provided you don't drink and drive!

Steph, this is for you.




from the June 1968 issue of Gourmet

Zombie Trader Vic's

In a mixing glass over a large piece of ice combine 2 ounces light rum, 1 ounce each of dark rum, orange Curacao, lemon juice and orange juice, 1/2 ounce each of 151-proof rum, grenadine, and a dash of anise-flavored liqueur. Stir the mixture well and pour it over cracked ice in a tall glass. Serve it with straws. Makes 1 zombie.

2 Thoughts for food:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks! Sounds good...although that 151 proof rum might get me after one sip! I'll write this recipe down and try it. I'm always up for a fun cocktail!

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You're welcome!

Not being a drinker myself, I wouldn't normally post an all-alchool recipe here. But when I ran across this one, I couldn't help think of you (it was the name, and not because I think you're a lush!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker