Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Chicken in Pumpkin Seed Mole and Black Bean Nachos

.

Monday's dinner: a recipe we had late last year, Chicken Braised in Pumpkin Seed Mole and our attempt at re-creating the Black Bean Nachos we'd had for this month's Dine & Dish.



Check it out! That's an early stage of the mole; tomatillos, radish greens, lettuce, jalapenos, and ground & toasted pumpkin seeds create that gorgeous green.



This mole is amazing. I can't get over the flavor...it's hard to describe, but it's one of my favorite dishes.

The nachos turned out well; not exactly the same as Tomato Head's but still pretty good. And Matt was right; it was jalapeno, and not banana, pepper slices in the nachos.

2 Thoughts for food:

At 10:49 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Very good looking! The filled plate looks very tasty!

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

thanks, Joe.

Both are so good...the mole is just fantastic, and the nachos were perfect for lunch the next day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker