Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Brown Sugar Corn Muffins

.



Do you know the Muffin Man???

Another easy breakfast for Matt...a quick and simple muffin. Equal parts flour and corn meal, brown sugar, baking powder & soda, salt; buttermilk, brown sugar, egg and oil. Bake till golden.

If you'd like the recipe, just drop a line at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com.

And don't forget: Blog Party #3---the Big Game Night, is this week!

15 Thoughts for food:

At 1:08 AM, Blogger Rebecca Johnson said...

Wow those look good!! I'm always looking for a quick breakfast or something to go along side a hearty meal. I'll send you an email cause I DEFINITELY want the recipe!!

PS....great blog!!

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

nice colour. I never get this colour when I baked as I'm a NOOB in baking.

Lovely muffins. send some over.

 
At 1:37 AM, Blogger Niki said...

What muffin man?
Oh! It's a commercial, isn't it? I think I've heard references to it! Seinfeld?
The muffin commercial I remember from my childhood invovles an army of English muffins dressed as soldiers at Buckingham Palace, or old Imperial India(red coats, tall bearskin hats, wide moustaches) tramping around to the a brass band playing 'March of The British Grenadiers'. Very clever, and still one of my favourite ads. I can't hear that tune without thinking of VERY English muffins. :-)

 
At 9:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to think of myself as the muffin lady - I love muffins and made them all the time. Then I married a guy who would rather have plain ol' toast than muffins. And he's not even rich! What was I thinking??? Ha ha - of course I'm kidding - I just have to find a way to convert him to muffin love.

Sending an email....

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Becca...thanks so much!

My husband is incapable of remembering to eat breakfast, unless I provide something portable for him. So, I'm always coming up with muffins and rolls and cakes for him to take to work.

Either that, or he'll buy Pop Tarts! Egads...

I'll be looking for your email...

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, foodcrazee!

Even though our 1950's oven has been recalibrated, I'm convinced it runs hot. So, I always set my timer for the low end of the suggested baking time.

I'd love to send some, but I'm not sure they'd survive the trip!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Niki...it's actually a children's rhyme.

The Muffin Man
Oh, do you know the muffin man,
The muffin man, the muffin man,
Oh, do you know the muffin man,
That lives on Drury Lane?
Oh, yes, I know the muffin man,
The muffin man , the muffin man,
Oh, yes, I know the muffin man,
That lives on Drury Lane.


But I can see how that soldier ad would leave an impresssion!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Christy!

Wow...boring ol' toast? I feel for you, sister.

I'll be watching for your email!

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, amatuer!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Those look excellent. I'll e-mail you for the recipe. Just found your food blog -- what a treat! You surely dispense happiness, not only with your cooking, but with your writing too. Hope you don't get sick!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Helen...thank you so much!

I'm afraid I am, in fact, getting sick...that foul Zicam spray seems to hold it off for a while, but who knows when the full-on cold will hit? So much for my theater plans this weekend!

I'll get that recipe to you soon!

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Niki said...

I feel so embarrassed! I remembered the nursery rhyme this morning while doing my hair...and it isn't American at all! Drury Lane!! London! ie the song is about English muffins, I guess.
Admittedly, it wasn't one of the nursery rhymes I learnt at my mother's knee. Not sure why.....

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

It's ok...I only knew if from some kid's show I saw when I was little.

 
At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those muffins are looking very good, Stephanie. I am going to try them soon, my latest food thing/craze is corn meal.

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Indira!

Let me know if you'd like the recipe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker