Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

But My Cat Likes to Hide in Boxes: WCB24

.



One of my favorite childhood books, My Cat Likes to Hide in Boxes, has stuck with me all my life.

Lines like "The cat from Spain flew a big airplane" and "The cat from France liked to sing and dance", all followed by "but my cat likes to hide in boxes".

Well, so does Macroom!

That's the box our kitchen curtain material came in. It was lying around one night, and suddenly...there was Marcoom, all curled up. He fits perfectly, and c'mon; it's cute. So, we keep it there. Why not? I doubt Martha's coming to inspect my house any time soon...

Late edition to WCB, but better late than...go see who else came to visit Clare and Kiri!


Tagged with
, ,

6 Thoughts for food:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger eat stuff said...

Wow he is getting big Stephanie! and still so cute

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Clare!

We were noticing that very thing a couple of days ago; he seems to have suddenly hit a growth spurt, or something!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Lady Amalthea said...

Aww! My dog used to sleep in the dirty laundry pile. Animals really do manage to find the funniest places to hang out.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Omg; Donegal does that! Whenever I've sorted laundry, I'll find her curled up on one of the piles (perhaps she's trying to motivate me to get the clothes clean??)...every single time.

I think animals have that gift: they can get comfortable anywhere.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger ZaZa said...

That's a perfect cushy little nest for him. My LouLou slept in a basket for a while, but now she's determined to have her own pillow up on the bed. Just have to remember where she is so she doesn't get smooshed or kicked off during the night. Heh. It's happened, the kicking, not the smooshing.

 
At 12:07 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

b'gina...that's funny! My husband occasionally knocks our dog Wicklow out of bed, too...thankfully, he's too big to be smooshed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker