Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Blog Party#4: The Gang's All Here: The Holiday Edition...Reminder

.

Blog Party#4: The Holiday Edition is coming soon...entries should be in no later than next Saturday at noon (that would be noon Eastern, US, time); I'll get the round-up posted a week from today!


I'm re-posting, just in case anyone missed it the first time.

You may or may not have snow on the ground (my hometown's already been hit), your temperatures might be in the 40's or the 70's; but regardless of the weather there's no denying it.

The HOLIDAYS are coming.

And what better way to celebrate than with our favorite virtual cocktail party?

For me, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I think I spend a solid month in the kitchen. There's the holiday meals, plus all the goodies to I feel compelled to talk my friends and family into eating.

What I really need is to sit around with some good friends, and the family members I like, and spend a pleasant evening eating good food, sipping good drinks, and listening to good conversation and music.

Let's face it; after all the 'hustle and bustle' of shopping, cooking, cleaning...we need a chance to relax!

So, this Blog Party, prepare some holiday party foods and drinks...the sorts of things you'd serve to out-of-town company (you know, the people you really want to impress!). Post them to your own blog no later than 17 November, and I'll have the round-up...complete with decorating ideas and music selections...on 19 November.

Think festive, think fancy.



Here's a refresher course on the Blog Party rules:

Each entry should include at least one cocktail. This could be either alcoholic or non; either way, we're looking for a party drink!

Your entry should also include at least one appetizer dish. What qualifies as an appetizer/finger food? So glad you asked.

The food:
  • Finger foods: anything that can be picked up, carried around and eaten with one hand...the use of the second hand as crumb catcher is perfectly acceptable

  • Dippers: vegetables, crackers, bread, chips, breadsticks and any inventive foods which are used for scooping or spreading dips and uh...spreads

  • Miniature meals: by this, I mean a normal-sized dish, cut or displayed as individual servings. A quiche, cut into small enough pieces to be eaten in less than four bites would be accepted.


Once you've posted your Blog Party entries, you may leave a link here in the comments, or you can email your submissions to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com.

Can't wait to see you there!

, ,

4 Thoughts for food:

At 12:02 PM, Blogger Grace Ediza Virlouvet said...

Hmmm Got collection of appetizers, but I'd like to have something new, I hop I could beat the deadline before I run out of idea for finger foods, but I know what to have for cocktail drink :-) Can I join? This sounds like f

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Grace, we'd love to have you join us! As long as you have a post up by Saturday afternoon, you should be fine...can't wait to see what you make!

 
At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously hoping I can join this weekend's fun but with the wedding on the same day...hmmm...wonder if I can use some of the items from the wedding for the party? I mean, we've got drinks and appetizers galore! :-)

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Cath, we'd love to have you with us!

And remember; you can always submit things early...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker