Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Bloomin' Magic

.

After seeing Elise's post about Adagio Teas, I knew I had to buy some for Matt as a Valentine's Day gift.

I also knew that if the box arrived early, I would not be able to wait till the 14th to give it to him! (I'm terrible when it comes to gifts...I have no problem waiting for someone to give to me, but if I have something to give to them? The wait kills me!)

I held out as long as I could, finally breaking down Sunday afternoon.

A jasmine bloom and a red bloom; your 'tea' is actually a hand-rolled flower. It's just a little ball!



When activated by hot water, it opens to reveal a beautiful flower which then flavors your tea.



The finished product.


Pretty neat, isn't it? And Matt says it's a really nice Jasmine tea, too...





Blog Party#7 is coming up, and this month? It's all about Red and Hot! Your cocktail and appetizer entries are due this Thursday, 16 February...send them to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com, or leave a link in the comment section. Get planning, and hope to see you at the party!


Tagged with: , , , , , ,

9 Thoughts for food:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

That tea is pretty darn cool! :)

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yeah, I thought so, too. And it's pretty neat watching it unfold...

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Now THAT is cool! What a great gift idea :)

Patience is highly overrated when it comes to giving gifts :p Good job!!

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Wow! That is so cool!

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Jeff!

I'm terrible...I always ask him if I can give his gifts early. Birthday, V-day, you name it. I just have to!

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Joe!

 
At 2:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi had this same tea at a dim sum place in London a couple of days ago, it's so beautiful, however I don't think it tasted too good. What do you think?

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Alice, isn't it neat? It's this slightly-hairy bundle when you start, and a purty flower when you're done!

 
At 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...I'm dumbfounded...how cool!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker