Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Now that's what I call a 'muffin'

.



After a recent spend-fest at Bed, Bath & Beyond, and a purchase of a jumbo muffin pan, I then had to spend even more money, buying up muffin cookbooks.

Two in the mail Monday, including the Williams-Sonoma Collection: Muffins book.

A quick flip through, to find something I could make now. And as the fellows on "Coupling" say, "Re-sult!".

Bacon and Gruyere Muffins

Fairly simple. Milk, egg, sour cream, melted butter and/or bacon grease added to pretty basic dry ingredients, followed by the standard 'fold just until combined'. Add grated cheese and crumbled bacon, spoon into cups, bake till set.

Just so you have an idea...those muffins weigh around six ounces. Each!

I won't have Matt's report till later today, but I just can't see how they could go wrong.

And one muffin's all it takes...those suckers are huge!





Blog Party#7 is coming up, and this month? It's all about Red and Hot! Your cocktail and appetizer entries are due this Thursday, 16 February...send them to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com, or leave a link in the comment section. Get planning, and hope to see you at the party!


Tagged with: , , , , , , , ,

12 Thoughts for food:

At 6:06 AM, Blogger yana said...

*drools all over the keyboard*
; P. lol. may i plz have a napkin?

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Laura said...

wow, what a muffin. I may have to track that book down, I have two man-sized muffin lovers in this house. (and bacon lovers, at that)

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

mangue_chiquita...help yourself! Liquid and keyboard does not a pretty pair make!

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Laura!

It's a decent book. And if your muffin lovers happen to like fruit even a little (Matt won't eat fruity things), you'll get even more use of it. Every recipe is accompanied by a beautiful photo, too...do pick it up.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Honey, we could certainly add more Gruyere. And to be honest: we didn't actually measure the cheese...you grated, I added.

Right...the recipe originally made nine muffins (I'd love to know how they got that number), but using the BIG muffin pan gave us just four. But they're so big, I can't imagine the average person could eat more than one at a sitting.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Stephahie,

There is simply no call for posting something like that. Bacon? Gruyere? Muffin? It's evil. Just plain evil.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Well, Matt often calls me an evil temptress...!

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Joe...and let me know if you'd like the recipe! It's sooo easy.

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Joe said...

Mmm my favorite flavors in a portable muffin! That's dangerous! Happy Valentine's Day!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger yana said...

hehe. it's your fault. stephanie, you are pure evil. lol. *drools*

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Laura said...

stephanie, I must buy this book - alas expenses for such are on hold until we finish renovation.

and chance at all that you'd be willing to email me a copy of just that recipe? I told my brother it existed and he's badgering me non-stop...plus I have a door to install, I think he's waiting for a bribe. :)

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Laura, be sure to add it to the 'wish list'!

I'll get that recipe to you soon, promise. always happy to help out with a bribe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker