Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Celebrating a 'Consolation Prize'

.



I think we all knew Clooney wasn't going to win for Best Screenplay or Best Director; this was the year of the gay cowboy, after all.

But getting the Best Supporting Actor is nothing to sneeze at...and as George himself said, he'll now be known as 'Oscar-winner, George Clooney, and Sexiest Man Alive, 1997'.

I always watch the Academy Awards, even if I'm lucky to have seen one nominated film (this year it was "Good Night, and Good Luck"). And to go with, we made a few little bites.

Above, Baby Potatoes with Saffron Aioli



Chicken Salad in Wonton Cups

I'd made something like this last year; they're perfect for snacking.



And some cute little Gruyere Cheese Puffs

Simple fare, but classy enough for a two-person Oscar Party!




Blog Party 8 has been announced, and this month, we're having Brunch! Turn your favorite breakfast foods into bite-sized treats, and get those entries to me no later than 16 March; Blog Party is 18 March. Hope to see you there!



Tagged with: , , , , ,

8 Thoughts for food:

At 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They all look good.I can't get pass the smell of Gruyere.I've tried it several times.My best friend loves the stuff.

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Emily!

Gruyere may be Matt's favorite cheese...he even picked up a chunk of that cave-aged Gruyere we used to get, while at the Whole Foods in Atlanta!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger CameraDawktor said...

Checked out your peanut-curry chicken cups on the link you provided. Boy, do they look Delishioso!! I love peanut chicken curry (that's what I always order at the Thai restaraunt!) What a great idea to make sometime!!

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Cate said...

The Cheese Puffs sound great. Did you see Crash yet? Fantastic movie.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I WANT those potatoes. The saffron aioli looks fabulous.

And the chicken salad in wonton cups and cheese puffs look fun too. Unlike Emily, I love gruyere.

Did you have fizzy wine too?

-Elizabeth

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

cameradawktor...thanks! They were fantastic...I need another excuse to make them, I think.

 
At 2:24 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Sweetnicks!

No, haven't gotten 'round to it yet. Our Netflix queue is currently at 496 (!), so who knows...Alex may be in college before we see it!

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Elizabeth; I got the recipe for the potatoes here; let me know if you try it!

Thanks...we go through a lot of Gruyere around here, and I have the bag of rinds to prove it!

No...we don't drink, so no fizzy wines. If I'd been thinking, we could have had some fizzy water, though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker