Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Those Ragin' Cajun...

.



potatoes, that is!

As we get ready for Fat Tuesday, I prepared a vaguely New Orleans-ish dinner Monday night.

Cajun Potatoes with Spicy Lemons and Onions, from this book; barely boiled potato wedges, roasted with red onions, garlic and lemon, tossed with a sauce of lemon juice, water, tomato puree, paprika, cayenne, oregano, thyme and cumin, then drizzled with olive oil. Cook till potatoes are tender, and all liquid is gone.

Wonderful potatoes! The heat sneaks up on you, but when it gets there? Man! Spicy.

And in an attempt to sit down to something resembling a meal, I also made these Hot Muffuletta Sandwiches.



Crusty bread smeared on one side with an olive/garlic/parsley/olive oil mixture, then topped with salami, ham (prosciutto for Matt), and provolone, wrapped in foil, and baked till cheese melts. In case you're wondering, I used veggie deli slices for mine.

Really good sandwiches...but c'mon; it's toasted bread, and melted cheese.

I have to confess: I did little more than sprinkle the olive mixture on my sandwich; truth is, I hate olives. Can't stand them, no matter how often I try them.

Overall, really good food. And it's just getting us in the mood for Tuesday night's big Mardi Gras meal!

And don't forget: I'll be announcing March's Blog Party theme tomorrow!



Tagged with: , , , , ,

7 Thoughts for food:

At 2:37 AM, Blogger Rosa said...

As always, YUM!

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Fiber said...

Wow - those potatoes look awesome!

 
At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm,looks very good.
Emily
http://madmommychronicles.typepad.com/biscuits_and_blues

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

First...apolgies for the late replies. Mozilla wouldn't (and still won't let me into gmail. I'm using IE at the moment...grrr.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Rosa.

If you don't count sending Matt out...at the last minute...to grab onions, this came together so quickly, and really was good.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Fiber...and thanks!

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Emily. If you're ever interested in a recipe...out of respect for authors and the long, hard work they put into their recipes and books, I don't publish recipes on my blog; but I will gladly share them via email!...just drop a line, 'k?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker