Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Spicy Chicken Salad

.



In our kinda-sorta attempt to eat better (read: more veggies for Matt), as well as cut back on the time spent in front of the stove (a depressing afternoon spent figuring out just how much time Matt and I spend together left us with about 5 1/2 hours not allotted to work or sleeping. Fitting in meal prep and quality Alex-time? Rough.), we've been looking to salad and sandwich recipes for help.

The latest, Spicy Chicken Salad; a nice green salad of arugula (because we discovered we were out of spinach), sweet grape tomatoes, scallions, and avocados (perfect!), topped with a dressing of yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil and garlic, then slices of salt/cumin/coriander/ancho chile-coated chicken or Veat (broiled).

Nice salad, but neither of us cared for the dressing. I thought it just had too much of a bite. But the chicken (Veat) was perfect, and the veggies were fantastic.

Matt felt we needed something else to go with, so we completely blew our healthy-eating karma by including Pommes Voisin from this book; a version of Pommes Annette which we made last year.



Potatoes and butter...yeah, that's good for the heart.

And a big thank you to Matt, for doing all the work tonight!




Tagged with: , , ,

2 Thoughts for food:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Randi said...

I love arugula. Its good in pasta too, just lightly wilted. Have you read the vegan lunchbox blog? Its amazing the lunch's she comes up with for her child. I just bought a block of firm tofu today because I told Robin we need to cut back on our chicken consumption.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Randi...we love arugula. Our problem is...we can't always find it around here!

If we're lucky, the organic store will carry it. If not? We have to go with spinach. After living in Oakland, it's kind of frustrating.

Alex goes back and forth re: tofu. He'll happily eat in fried rice. He's had it in soup, without complaint. But last night, while we we at the only good sushi join in town, he totally turned up his nose at the agadashi tofu.

I can't say I've read, or even heard, of that blog. I'll have to give it a look.

Fortunately, Alex and I are ova-lacto, so we have a few more options. I just can't do vegan...we're far too cheese-obsessed around here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker