Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Cinnamon Buttermilk Muffins

.



Second recipe from this book, and we're just as happy with the finished product.

A nice muffin batter, with buttermilk and nutmeg (I like to think I don't need to include the 'freshly grated' instruction every time...), baked till dry and golden. When the muffins are completely cool, dip them first in melted butter, then in a cinnamon-sugar mixture.

Matt says:

"As with many good breakfast food, sweet but not too sweet. The taste of nutmeg was strong enough to be identified as nutmeg, but didn't over-ride the cinnamon. Given the size of the muffin, it's a good thing I didn't have hot chocolate, too. Otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to eat lunch!"



Tagged with: , , , , , , ,

6 Thoughts for food:

At 1:19 AM, Blogger yana said...

oooooh, that muffin looks delicious! love cinnamon. YUMMO!!! :D

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks@ Alex loved them...although it was such a big muffin, he'd start eating around lunch time, and still be working at by lunch!

 
At 7:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I have one please.:)
Looks absolutely mouthwatering, Stephanie.

I love William-Sonoma series. Our local library carries the entire collection. But they are always booked(long waiting list). I've now three books - cookies, muffins and risotto. I've them for the past three weeks. I'm feeling very reluctant to return them.:)
Photos are absolutely gorgeous and and recipes seem to be very practical (most of them) anyway. Love love their series, like short notebooks with colorful photos.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I wish I were there to hand one over!

The books are good, aren't they? Exactly what I love about a cookbook...straight-forward recipes, pictures of the final product.

And you're right...you could almost use them as coffee table books!

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Randi said...

check out the latest issue of fine cooking, there are some good looking muffin's in there.

 
At 2:29 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Randi...thanks for the tip; I'll give that a look!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker