Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

I dream of creamsicles

.



How funny, this article from The Tribune: make your own creamsicles at home?? How...cool!

Such a timely article, as I saw a Good Humor truck making it's stops while visiting my Grammy!

I actually knew the guy who owned the truck; I met him years ago, during my radio days.

This fellow would frequently call me, and another dj, at least once a day. He's show up at 'remotes': on-location events from which the station would broadcast. I had quite a few 'regulars' like that.

Over time, I learned he'd bought this Good Humor truck, restored it, and starting selling ice cream treats around the area (he had to promise to avoid the neighborhood around the Dairy Queen, though).

How neat is that?

Of course, if you can't find a Good Humor or Blue Bunny truck in your area, you can always try making them yourself...




It's here! The very last day to join this very special, one-year anniversary, Blog Party!!


Today is the last day to get those entries in, and don't forget: we're celebrating a full year of appetizers and cocktails with a Passport Party. This month, we're traveling to our favorite places by way of the kitchen, with bites and drinks from our favorite countries. Entries are due TODAY Thursday, 20 July--I'll be watching my mail--and I'll post the round-up Saturday, 22 July. Hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + + +

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker