Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Back to Food

.


Ginger-Grapefruit Spinach Salad


With the various cooking magazines coming into my house, and the constant influx of cookbooks, I sometimes forget about my first true love; Vegetarian Times.

VT was my very first 'food' mag; my eye doctor gave me the old copies from her office (she was pretty cool, in general)...this was a few years after I'd gone veggie.

So, I've been getting VT for about seven or eight years now. I seem to go through warm and cool phases with them, though; some months, I love every recipe in the magazine. Others? Nothing but mushrooms and eggplant!

My September issue arrived last week, and as I always do with cooking magazines, I read the recipe index to Matt (it's one thing for me to like it, but I'm not cooking for one!). Several got the 'tell me more' look, and are appearing on our menu.

Two dishes, so quick to make we were able to wait till Alex went to bed on an already late night.

The first, a salad of spinach, grapefruit, and sliced almonds dressed with grapefruit juice, minced ginger and garlic, oil and Dijon mustard.


Warm Raclette Potato Salad

To go with, warm cubed small potatoes tossed with Raclette and tossed with Dijon, red wine vinegar, olive oil and shallots.

The whole thing came together quickly (cooking the potatoes and peeling the grapefruit took up most of the time), and was very satisfying.

Thanks, VT!


Blog Party#13 is coming, and this month, we're turning off the heat and preparing cool appetizers and drinks!

Post your dishes no later than tomorrow, Thursday, 17 August...early is always good...and get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 19th, and I hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So wonderful to find those quick fixes - treasures.

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

No kidding, Tanna!

Just nice to not have to devote quite so much time to the kitchen, isn't it?

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Blah.....I'm not going to get to blog party it this month but I'll be back next month.


Chris
My Blog

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

No worries; we all have busy months!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker