Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, August 18, 2006

Desperate Times

.



For the past...six?...years, I've had the strangest problem.

I have no desire to eat.

I mean, I love food. I love to learn about it, buy it (grocery shopping? fun time!), cook it, and serve it to others.

But me...I just don't know what's up. I just have no interest in eating.

I keep trying new foods, trying new cooking methods.

But food...eating...for me is simply about nourishment, energy, and rarely about pleasure.

I love food! And I haven't a clue as to what's going on.

You know when you open the refrigerator, looking for something to eat, and nothing looks good to you?

That's my every day.

Occasionally, something looks shiny and new. And I've almost never gotten tired of sushi! Almost.

Poor Matt. I make dinner for him, and that's fine. It's an interesting dish/flavor/whatever, and he's happy.

But I'm not interested in what I make, or anything in my kitchen. He constantly tries to find something I'll eat.

During our Atlanta shopping trip, I saw packages of fresh wonton noodles. New to me, and I do like wontons (Cath, I promise I'll get that chip/dip recipe to you soon!). So, I brought them home.

And pretty much forgot about them.

Came across them in the refrigerator last week, and after some thought, came up with what sounded like an almost-appetizing dish.

Matt was happy to take over (he uses the wok much more often than I do), cooking ginger and garlic in the oil to flavor it, then a couple of 'faux', or soy-based, meats (Veat 'chicken' bites and these 'shrimp' we pick up at 99 Ranch), water chestnuts and the briefly-boiled wonton noodles (we're talking shoving the noodles in the general direction of the water), and adding in some soy sauce and sesame oil.

It was different...I'm so picky about noodles (seriously al dente)...but it was very very good.

I enjoyed it at the time, but now I'm back to 'good lord, what am I going to eat?'




Tagged with: +

3 Thoughts for food:

At 3:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm like that right now in the heat.

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Tanna...

If only I could find a culprit to blame!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, Kevin...I don't even know where to start!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker