Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Monday's Breakfast

.




Nutmeg Muffins with a Cinnamon-Sugar Top
.

Matt says: "Tender, and mildly sweet. The nutmeg is present, but not too strong. Nicely compliments the cinnamon topping."

Alex says: "Yum-ee! Dee-licious!"


( Heather, let me know if you try them!)




Tagged with: + + + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

With that much butter, they'd have to be good. I really like the topping technique.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Tanna...I've seen worse!

But the 'boys' liked them, I'm not eating them...no worries.

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love nutmeg, it is my favorite spice.

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I will be trying them.
I haven't made muffins in over a week now, I am feeling a little withdrawl.
Here is a question for you... when it says milk what percent do you use? We keep skim in stock here, but my mother swears that is where my baking is having its problems. I do happen to have some D, heavy cream and half and half because I was making ice cream.
Just wondering your thoughts oh Muffin Goddess!

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Peabody;

Matt's a big fan of nutmeg, too...we have a nice glass jar filled with them!

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Heather;

Unless the recipe specifically calls for buttermilk or whole milk, I just use skim.

I've never had a problem...is there a chance you're over-mixing? That's a big thing in muffin recipes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker