Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Wartime Wednesday: Hot Biscuit Sandwiches

.



A simple one this week, and double the goodies!



From The Victory Binding of the American Woman's Cook Book, split baking soda biscuits, buttered (of course). On one half lay a thick slice of tomato, which is then spread with a nice, thick, artery-clogging layer of mayonnaise. Top that off with minced bacon.



Matt & I are three each; mine made with Morningstar Farms Veggie Bacon Strips. Despite their small size, these little sandwiches are surprisingly filling. Maybe it has something to do with all that fat? Still, good flavors, very hearty, and we had leftover biscuits!!




Time to start thinking about this month's Blog Party theme...and for October, it's all about Halloween!

Do something frightful with your favorite appetizers and cocktails, and get your entries to me no later than Thursday, 25 October...hope to see you there!



Tagged with: + + + + + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Patricia Scarpin said...

Yay!!! I still have time to participate! :)

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Patricia!

Do you mean Blog Party? Yes, there's plenty of time; just under two weeks!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Kiriel du Papillon said...

I do wonder when exactly scones got renamed in the US to become biscuits... its one of those odd food questions that, while it may not keep me awake at night, I do often wonder about.

Kiriel

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kiriel...that's an excellent question!

Let me know if you ever find out...

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Mmmm, these look fab - biscuit BLTs (without all the annoying greenery ;-)) You could surely also miniaturise them without too much trouble - canape BLT biscuits!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Believe me, I thought of that! I am, after all, queen of the canape!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker