Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Anniversary Cake

.



I saw my wish-list mom, Ina Garten, make this cake to celebrate her & Jeffrey's wedding anniversary. It's nothing at all like our wedding cake, but six years later, change can be good. Six years. In Hollywood, that's a lifetime.




Nice & dense, bittersweet. Seriously chocolate. What more is there to say?





This month, Blog Party's all about the ultimate hand-held food & having a Pizza Party!

Top your pies...full-sized and sliced, or in miniature form...any way you want, pour yourself a drink, and join the party. You have till Thursday, 20 March to RSVP...hope to see you there!





Tagged with: + + + + + + + +

8 Thoughts for food:

At 7:14 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Looks yummy...

And hey, happy anniversary!

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Patricia Scarpin said...

I love your photos, Steph!

 
At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cake looks delightful...nice job! I'd never heard of a blog party until I read all about it on your site tonight...how fun!! I'm going to take a shot at your pizza blog party! Thank you for a great blog!

 
At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum!! Yum!! This cake looks sooooooooooooo chocolaty and sooo yummy

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Erin!

I sent a huge chunk to the in-laws. This cake is way too tempting. The smell alone can do serious damage to a gal's willpower.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Aw, Patricia...thanks so much!

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Christie!

Oh, Blog Party's lots of fun. You meet new people, treat yourself to some bite-sized goodies and a special drink, get a look at new recipes...without bothering to get dressed or find a sitter! I do hope you'll join in...

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Webdrops; thanks!

It is a seriously good cake. I'm almost afraid of it. I mean, I never eat the stuff I bake...little to no interest...but this one keeps calling out to me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker