Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Random, Geeky, Non-Food Question

.

So...Alex wants to dress as Green Arrow for his birthday party, which happens to be twe weeks from today. It's a 'Superhero' party, and the kids are encouraged to dress as their favorite. He's already done Green Lantern. Batman, Superman or Flash, I can find manufactured costumes for.

But he wants to go as Ollie.

Other than cannibalizing a Robin Hood costume, I have no idea how to make it so. I don't sew. I just...don't. Not even my love for Alex gets me in front of a sewing machine.

Which is why I'm turning to you: any ideas?

This is what we're aiming for (no pun, I swear):



For those of you not terribly well-versed in DC-speak, GA would be the one on the right...


Many thanks, in advance.

3 Thoughts for food:

At 10:12 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

stephanie, I´ll try to send a suggestion.. I hope you undestand (if you not understand send an e-mail and I try to explain better,ok?)
you can buy a cape like a Little Red Riding Hoodred and you can dyeing with green color... because the green arrow have a green cape (looks like the Little Red Riding Hoodred) with a mask. What do you think? I wish you luck!!! bjs danielle

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger Angel said...

You also might look for some Robin Hood costumes. It's very similar style.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you both, for your suggestions!

I'd been considering a Robin Hood costume, taken apart and reconfigured, but in the end? Alex decided to be Superman!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker