Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Feel Better Soup

.



Last weekend, Matt came down with...something. I don't know if chicken soup really is the cure-all to end-all, but I'd recently made a smoked chicken stock (remains of a whole chicken Matt had smoked with many vegetables & herbs), so it seemed the culinary stars were in alignment.

The most fragrant broth I've ever come across, simmered with several slices of ginger & a few Kaffir lime leaves (later strained out), and at the last minute, some noodles tossed in.

Doesn't look like much, but according to Matt, it was amazing. And eaten with a limited-edition, numbered, Star Trek Spork, it may just have helped him Feel Better.

Seems the only one who can drag me out of semi-blogging retirement is Deb, & her Souper Sundays...so, here you go!

8 Thoughts for food:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger NKP said...

There is nothing like a little Chicken Noodle Soup to cure all. Hope everyone is feeling better now.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Deb in Hawaii said...

It looks like the perfect thing to cure whatever ails you! Thanks for joining in Souper Sunday. ;-)

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Smoked Chicken...sounds delicious!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Thjis does sound like flavours that would make you feel better. Hope hubs is feeling better:D

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Natashya! It always feels weird for me to be making chicken soup, but he appreciated it.

 
At 3:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Deb; I really hate to miss it! And I've got another one for this weekend...yay, me!

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kristen...oh, I wish blogs had smell-capabilities. I haven't eaten meat of any kind in over thirteen years, & I admit...that aroma from that broth was darn tempting!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

BV; thank you! Fortunately, he never got too sick, & recovered much faster than usual. I'm not sayin' the soup played a part but...hey; who knows!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker