Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, June 04, 2024

Copy That

.

Cosmic Brownies



I love copy cat, or 'clone', recipes.

I think they're brilliant. 

Take a dish you love, but make it better? Or customize to your preferences? 

YES.

Please.  Let's do this.


When Claire Saffitz 'bakes it better', I am there for it. From her BA days to her solo channel. 

Obviously, the average home cook isn't going to have the large-scale equipment or preservatives or precise molds or cutter or whatever, but you can still get close to the 'real deal'. 


I've never tasted a Cosmic Brownie. 

I didn't grow up eating a lot of sweets, and almost never mass-produced cakes or cookies. 

I'm also sort of...meh...on brownies. I can take or leave them.  


But I've been seeing recipes for a home version of these for a couple of years, and yeah. They look cool. 


There was another gathering of geeks over the weekend. Seemed like the perfect opportunity to give them a try.

I went with this recipe, which was easy even for brownies. 

Not having a personal baseline, I had to trust Matt's judgement.  Apparently, they were very, very good. 

Many were consumed. 

 

(I swear -  I do more than bake these days. Honest!)


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker