Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, June 06, 2024

Monty Python Time

.

 


See!

 

I do make things that aren't sweet. 

 

Banh Mi Panzanella

 

I've been trying to be more...eh, I hate the word 'mindful'. More aware of what's existing in our kitchen - the cupboards, fridge and freezers. What's sitting there, not being used?

A can of this, a packet of that. What can I do with it?

 

A small thing, but there was a container of tofu, from a dish I ended up not making due to a time crunch. 

Matt loves Southeast Asian flavors.

Leading to this simple Banh Mi Panzanella

Let a baguette go stale (instead of oops...forgetting about it!). Cut up & marinate some tofu (since I already had a pot of oil from a previous dinner, I deep-fried rather than doing it in a shallow pan). 

There's a dressing, a bit of veg & herb, and a spicy mayo. 

It's pleasant & low effort, perfect for this time of year when it feels like you've walked into a sauna as you step outside. 

 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker