Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, January 09, 2005

Moosewood Meals, Con't.

.

For lunch today, I made Cheddar and Parsnip Soup, with Grilled Sandwiches.


This is the part I hate most; chopping all those onions!

Add cubed parsnips and potatoes, ground fennel seeds (the recipe also called for caraway seeds, only then did I discover we didn't actually have any) and water, and simmer till potatoes are fork-tender.

Now for the yummy part

Add three cups of cheddar and three cups of milk. Melt cheese and puree.

I used a nice rustic Italian bread for the sandwiches. Matt's was Gruyere, proscuitto and basil, mine veggie ham slices and Gruyere. We don't have a panni maker, so I flattened the sandwiches with a rather large cast iron skillet.

Seemed to work out well!


And because I was in a British Isles kind of mood, I went ahead and made a trifle for dessert.
But not a typical, gross trifle. This is a chocolate toffee trifle. And believe it or not, I took a bite...a very small one, mind you. But still, a bite. Very rich. And Matt gets to eat the rest!

2 Thoughts for food:

At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thick, cheesy soup, grilled sandwiches, and chocolate toffee trifle...I'm salivating already, Stephanie! Everything looks so delicious!

Julia
www.aromacookery.com

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Julia. I *do* love thick, creamy soups...unfotunately, Matt didn't care for the soup at all (too sweet from the parsnips), but I was able to pawn half of it off on my in-laws.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker