Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, February 07, 2005

Looks can be deceiving

.

Sometimes, you just want a good meal. Not too fancy. Just comforting. And warm...

So, I whipped up Matt's favorite focaccia bread (rosemary and garlic)



and made a goat cheese souffle from a fantastic cookbook my cousin Amanda gave me a couple of years ago. Used a mix of plain and herb-garlic goat cheeses.

It wasn't difficult, but I started to think I'd done something wrong. It just didn't look...right.



What had gone wrong? What did I miss?

But then, I looked at the souffle again, and realized I hand't done anything wrong; it was perfect.

Problem was...I had used a too-big souffle dish! Waiting a few minutes, I saw that it had, in fact, deflated...not something it would have been likely to do had it not come out right.

So, note to self: pay closer attention to the size of your pans and dishes in the future.

By the way, very tasty. And still good the second day, re-warmed in the oven.

1 Thoughts for food:

At 11:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The focaccia bread looks fantastic. I can imagine how fragrant it is with the rosemary and garlic. Happy Lunar New Year to you and your family, Stephanie! :)

Julia
www.aromacookery.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker