Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, January 31, 2005

He Wants Blue Rice!

.

Alex is a hoot.



He loves to watch cooking shows (he's particularly fond of Rachel Ray's 30-Minute Meals and Everyday Italian with Giada De Laurentis, and has already been seen channeling Emeril..."Bam!"), and often plays with his toy kitchen.

He'll tell me that he's cooking. I'll ask him what he's cooking, and he'll say "rice". "What kind of rice?", Mommy asks. "Blue rice", is Alex's reply.

So, just for fun, Matt turned Sunday night's fried rice into Fried Blue Rice.



And the verdict??

Me: "Alex, would you like some blue rice for lunch?"

Alex: "Ooooh...blue rice! Yay! Yummy rice!"

It was a hit. Odd-looking, but a success.

2 Thoughts for food:

At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alex is adorable! :) And what did Matt add to the rice to make it blue?!

Julia
www.aromacookery.com

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks Julia...we think he's pretty cute, too!

It was just a few drops of blue food coloring...of course, once he added the soy sauce and sesame oil, it became more of an aquamarine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker