Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, March 03, 2006

Wrap it up

.



I'm not getting enough sleep lately, and I put the blame squarely on the padded shoulders of the Eighties.

A few nights ago, as I was finishing up some things, I came across a channel airing Heathers, and only a few minutes in.

Forget the fact I've seen this wickedly hilarious film...a dozen times, at least.

Nope, I just had to stay up (much too late), and watch a very young Winona Ryder, Christian Slater and Shannon Doherty 'survive' high school.

Another night, another classic Eighties movie, this time the Cold-War 'look what could happen' story camouflaged by the cuteness of Matthew Broderick and Ally Sheedy in WarGames. (Am I the only one who thinks what Broderick sold as 'adorable' in his teens is nothing but whininess now he's in his forties?)

And what does any of this have to do with food? I'm getting to that.

In addition to the not getting enough sleep (bad Stephanie!), I've been working out at home with a personal trainer. And I think my doctor has finally hit on the right dosage of thyroid medication, so my activity level on non-training days has gone up, as well.

Leading to...a very, very tired me.

So, when it came time to make these Chicken, Avocado and Tomato Wraps, I sat comatose on the couch, while Matt manned the kitchen!

We planned on using the called-for lavash, but couldn't find any that met with approval. Instead, we bought big spinach tortillas.

Thinly-pounded chicken (or Veat) breasts, grilled and layered with Monterey Jack, avocado, tomato and a spinach/yogurt mixture (the recipe calls for chard, we used spinach. We also opted not to cook the spinach, and we liked the way it came out). Wrap it all up.

Darn good sandwich. But very filling; we each have a half-wrap left-over. Very healthy, too...a bit of oil but lots of vegetables.

Of course, I couldn't help but think how much better it would taste with a few slices of bacon!




Blog Party 8 has been announced, and this month, we're having Brunch! Turn your favorite breakfast foods into bite-sized treats, and get those entries to me no later than 16 March; Blog Party is 18 March. Hope to see you there!



Tagged with: , , , , , ,

2 Thoughts for food:

At 3:20 PM, Blogger CameraDawktor said...

These look so yummy, and like something that we would like to eat in the summer when we don't have much appetite and its too hot to cook! I will have to keep this in mind, yum!
Also, thanks for the comment you left on me little bloggie today!!

 
At 3:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Cameradawktor; it is exactly the right sort of meal for a hot and humid day! And don't forget about the bacon suggestion...!

You're quite welcome; I think as women we need to encourage each other as much as possible. As a gender, we tend to be lacking in self-esteem, so each kind word helps!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker