Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Zarah and Martin Visit!!!

.



So, the 'special guests' I referred to in yesterday's post?

Matt and I were so very happy to play host to Zarah and her boyfriend Martin, as they make their way across the US.

They arrived Easter Sunday, and it was quickly apparent that Zarah, and Martin as well, is as sweet and fun and charming in real life as she comes across on her blog. We had a lovely visit with them...Alex practically declared them his new best friends, and we had a wonderful time, just chatting away.

Of course there was food, but for me, it was all about the company. Good conversation with good people.

But if you're curious, in addition to Easter dinner, we packed a picnic basket and headed out to a park/playground the next afternoon.

We had cold, fried chicken and pasta salad, as well as Ina's Outrageous Brownies.



After our picnic, the 'boys' got on there and had fun.






All the boys...that's Martin on the monkey bars!



Zarah and I got some sun while hanging out on the swings...

For dinner, which I had the good sense to prepare (as much as possible) a few days earlier (so I could spend more time with my guests!), we had Ina's Roasted Tomato Basil Soup, and fancy grilled cheese sandwiches; slices of Cantal on focaccia. Chocolate chip cookies as big as your hand, too!





I managed to feed them normal-sized versions of my Vanilla-Hazelnut French Toast with Nutella, too...so I think they drove away well-fed.

At least, I hope so!

There were trips to a used book store (dangerous place for all of us...Zarah and I headed straight to the cooking section!), as well as a kitchen store. Funny thing, though...I was the one who walked out with a shopping bag!

Zarah and Martin, thank you so much for stopping by! It was such a joy to meet you, and yes...if we ever find ourselves in Denmark, we will get together again!


Blog Party#9 is this weekend! This month , we're turning our favorite desserts into bite-sized treats! Create sweet appetizers and drinks (non-alcoholic would be just fine), and get your entries to me no later than this Thursday, 20 April. You can leave a link here in the comments, or send an email to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com; and I hope to see you there!




Tagged with: + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

7 Thoughts for food:

At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow....such a feast!Can I come and visit?

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Emily, should you ever find yourself in Eastern Tennessee, you're most welcome!

 
At 7:02 AM, Blogger FooDcrazEE said...

imagine how alex enjoys himself in the playground

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

I have enjoyed reading your blog. Another food blogger, referred me to your blog. I wanted to let you know that Bahama Breeze is sending someone and a guest to the Bahamas, and giving away gift cards to Bahama Breeze and I think your readers would enjoy hearing about it. Check out http://www.bahamabreeze.com/messagebottle to learn more or simply put this badge on your blog for them to look into. If you choose to participate I have a few extra Bahama Breeze gift cards that I can give out, so even you can try there great new menu items. I know there isn't one near you other than Nevada, but if you travel, its always nice to get free food. If you choose to participate email me here at kkennedy@bahamabreeze.com. Thanks!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

foodcrazee, Alex has a blast when we take him to the park! He runs, and plays and makes friends...and wears himself out so he'll take a long nap or sleep late the next day!

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Cerebrum said...

Well, I can just tell you all that indeed you should be envious - the food was fantastic and the company even more so! Now, get your behinds to Denmark already!:-) THANK YOU again Stephanie - it was a blast!

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Golly gee...I'm blushing!

We loved having you here...so thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker