Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Let's see if I can clear my schedule...

.

Just learned about this:

New food writing class at UT Prof and Personal Development

Interested in compiling a family cookbook? Want to be a writer for “Gourmet” magazine? Love critiquing restaurants? Learn the basics of food writing—publishing and self-publishing a cookbook or novel, blogging, reviewing restaurants, and more—and how to submit your work for publication.

Taught by Gretchen Roberts, an experienced food writer and recipe developer for national magazines including “Cooking Light,” “Alternative Medicine,” “Health” and more, Food Writing 101 is for foodies who want to explore food writing, food professionals who want to write about what they do for a living, and writers who want to investigate food writing as a writing specialty.

The class begins Thursday, Sept. 28 from 6:30-8 p.m. and runs five consecutive Thursdays, ending Thursday, Oct. 26. The class will be in a room TBD at the UT Conference Center

4 Thoughts for food:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Jeez louise.....that sounds so interesting! I didn't see that in their recent catalog but I have been tempted to take some of their cooking and smoking classes. I might have to look into this class although it would conflict with my weapons and karate classes.

Chris
My Blog

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Heather said...

I wish I lived somewhere that offered classes like that. I am jealous. If you take it you will have to share your notes with me.
I will have to settle for some cooking classes.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Chris, I guess you'll just have to invent time-travel, so you can fit it all in.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Heather!

Oh, I really realy wish I could, but it's too much of a time drain. To get dinner on the table then get down to campus...plus, I'd never ever see Matt and Alex!

But a gal can dream, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker