Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Slashfood Sandwich Day: His & Hers

.



The folks at Slashfood made Thursday all about sandwiches. I love sandwiches, so I'm down with that (gawd; do not let me attempt slang...just bad). Unfortunately, with being sick since school started (damn them!), working over-time on stuff for the bake sale for the Fall Festival, and just...every other thing, there was lateness, as well as few ingredients on hand, and very little inspiration.

Still, we managed to pull a couple of things together. Just not in time for recognition!

For me, pictured above; vegetarian bacon and vegetarian ham with Swiss, cooked in the waffle maker. Great crunch and texture, that. And I totally stole the idea from Nic.



Matt went a bit more traditional, with prosciutto, Monterey Jack and fresh basil, cooked with olive oil on the stove.

So, nothing spectacular, but sandwiches, nonetheless.

And, also...yum.





Tagged with: + + + + +

5 Thoughts for food:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

stop it! you're making me hungry!

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, c'mon...it's so easy! Just whip some up for youself, and be done with it.

You know you want to...!

Btw; box will ship tomorrow.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

ok, i'm just too lazy right now, plus i'm at work so instead, after showing those pix to my co-workers we went to our favorite bakery/restaurant and i had a yummy ham and cheese panini. :)

looking forward to the box!!!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Jelly said...

Excuse me, I have to get some paper towels to clean the drool off my keyboard.
Holy cow, those look delicious!

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Funny!

Seriously, it's so simple to make.

We make sandwiches like these all the time (well, for those days when no one actually feels like cooking, anyway); if they took much effort? We'd be eating cold cereal, instead!

(I just happen to have a twelve-pack of Bounty nearby...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker