Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Like Superman, I Have My Kryptonite

.



It's called "Cheesecake".

Like Kryptonite to Superman, cheesecake makes me weak(willed). A simple slice can render me powerless.

Offer me a cookie, a slice of chocolate cake, a pretty pastry. With hands on hips, cape flowing majestically in the wind (machine), and a very DC-comic-like smile, I can say "No, thank you".

But the forces of evil banded together, with Matt as their figurehead, to offer not just one slice of cheesecake, but a full cake!

For my birthday dinner, Matt wanted to make a cake. Since regular cakes really don't do much for me, I suggested cheesecake...but with some misgivings.

See, I like cheesecake. It's something I'll actually eat. And it would be dangerous to keep a ten-inch cheesecake in the house.

I might eat it.

But, I told him to go ahead. I could always give a chunk of it away to my in-laws.

Just a few weeks before, I'd gotten Tish Boyle's The Cake Book. It's already littered with colored sticky tabs, marking all the recipes I want to try (that's a project I hope to tackle soon!).

I suggested her New York cheesecake recipe. Matt made it.

What I got was The. Best. Cheesecake. Ever.

No lie. Creamy, yet dense (without that awful crumbliness that sometimes befalls a cheesecake), not too sweet, and nicely vanilla-y.

Oh, my. So, so, good.

In the face of this cheesecake, my powers fade, my resolve crumbles, and I am but a puny and weak mortal.

My super-powers should be restored just in time to get started on all those bake sale goodies I need for next weekend!




Blog Party#14 entries are due a week from today, and this month we're having a Kid's Party! Fun, cute, dainty, gross, wacky and whimsical...your appetizers and drinks are for the little ones. Post your dishes no later than next Thursday, 21 September...Early is always good...And get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 23rd, and I hope to see you there!





Tagged with: + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Stephanie!
haha - oh, I absolutely loved this post and that cheesecake sounds soo delicious(!)yum!
I have as well a weakness for cheesecake - uhm...but actually for almost all things sweet...=)

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Julia.

It's really the only 'sweet thing' I like to eat these days, but I do try to avoid it as often as possible. It has too much power over me!!

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger Tea-cosy said...

Yum... can you give us the recipe??

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Tea-cosy;

It's my policy never to publish copyrighted material; but if you'll send a message to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com, I'd be happy to email it to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker