Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

It's Baaaack!

.



Blogdom's favorite International goody-swapping event returns, with another round of Blogging by Mail.

When we last left our BBM friends, we were sharing our love of the holidays.

Six months later (has it really been that long?), we're ready to do it again. And this time, I think we should spread the love, and shower our BBM partners with A Few of My Favorite Things.

Take a moment, and think: what do you love? Is it a particular brand of chocolate? A cookbook? A non-food book? Maybe a restaurant (and it's take-out menu!).

What spices can you not live without? A childhood candy fix? A CD you practically wear out from constant playing?

What are you favorite things? Gather them up, and get ready to convert your fellow bloggers.

This is (I believe) my third time hosting Blogging by Mail, and I think I've gotten it down to something vaguely resembling a science.

To join in, you MUST be a blogger. Sorry, but past experiences dictate a bloggers-only event.

And please be aware that you are making a commitment by joining BBM; you are promising to send a package of goodies, to another person, by a certain date. If you're unable to meet this commitment...because of time or funds, whatever...it's better for all involved that you skip this round.

Here's what you do:

You sign up by copying the form (below) and emailing it to me (address to follow), I'll match you up with another blogger, names will be exchanged, ship dates will be set...and we're off!

Interested? Have questions?? Just lonely? Send an email to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com.

And here comes the detail work:


Your Full Name (first and last)

Your Blog's Name

Your Blog's URL

Your Email Address

Your 'Real' Address (be sure to include postal codes)

Are You Willing to Ship Internationally?

Any Strong Dislikes, Likes, Allergies, Etc

Add any other information you deem pertinent, of course.


Sign up by July 5; packages will go out by the 19th.

That about does it. I hope you'll join us!





Tagged with: + + +

14 Thoughts for food:

At 2:09 PM, Blogger Evelin said...

This is just wonderful! I was waiting for an event like that, having read about previous ones. count me in:)

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

yippee! i love BBM!

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Evelin...you'll have fun; promise!

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I know you do!!!

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Helene said...

Great Stephanie! I have met the most charming people thanks to BBM. Love it!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Helen, that's part of the fun!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Graeme said...

I've just set up my Blog, but already, I'm well into the swing of things. I'm considering participating...I think I will..

http://bloodsugargto.blogspot.com/

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Graeme; I got your sign-up 'form'; we're all glad you decided to join us.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Richard Blackford said...

Hi,
I was browsing when I saw this and would like to join.

http://jamaicarunnings.blogspot.com

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Richard!

We'd love for you to join, but you must fill out the sign-up 'sheet', and get it to me.

Thanks!

 
At 12:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Drats I am too late. Count me in for the next one! I love this idea...

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Shelly...definitely!

Just keep watching...probably be a few months, just to get all the packages to their destinations.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Tonia said...

What a great idea. Count me in for the next one!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Whenever that happens to be...absolutely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker