Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, September 07, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!

.



I'm promised sushi and presents, and possibly cheesecake, too.



Sounds like a good day to me!

15 Thoughts for food:

At 7:15 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Happy day to you! I have a gift on the way...I'm not sure if it'll arrive today. :)

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger cupcaketastic said...

Happy Birthday to u fellow DBer, Enjoy your sushi. Its my birthday today too! Is your son's name Alex, cause that's what my son's name is! Freaky

 
At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Stephanie!!! Hope you have a great day!

Have missed your blog for a month since I have moved to Delhi, and have just been trying to play catch up!

Loved the idea of marinated carrot salad - but can I replace grapeseed oil with some other veg oil?

And thanks for your recipe for chocolate chunk cookies! - it turned out fab! :)

Raji

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Cerebrum said...

Happy Birthday Stephanie! I hope you have an awesome day!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger winedeb said...

Have a fun day - it is all yours! Great looking BD dinner!
Happy Birthday:)

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger Morven said...

Happy Birthday from Downunder. Hope you had a fabulous day.

 
At 2:07 AM, Blogger Cakelaw said...

Hi Steph, Happy birthday to a fellow Virgo! Hope your day was terrific.

 
At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy & have a great day!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger daphne said...

Happy belated birthday!!! Hope u had a great day ;)

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Jelly said...

Mmmmm - sushi and cheesecake! Awesome!
I hope you have a very Happy Birthday!

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Brilynn said...

Hopefully your day was filled with even more than sushi and cheesecake, happy birthday!

 
At 5:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, everyone!!

Erin; you're sweet. I'll be watching the mail.

Cupcaketastic; thank you! The sushi was...ok. Not as good as the place that closed recently, but it worked as a 'fix'.
And yes...my four and a half year old is named Alex...freaky, indeed.

Raji; sooo good to hear from you! And thanks!
What prompted the move?
Absolutely; use any veg oil you like.
I'm happy to hear the cookies worked for you.

Zarah; thank you very much! It was a fairly good day. I was given many wonderful presents (the Nero Wolfe DVD collection is finally mine), sushi, hugs & kisses, and finally, cheesecake.

Thanks, Winedeb!
Actually, that sushi platter was from the Take-Out Blog Party, and the cheesecake was one Matt baked for me last year. But...it was shades of things to come!

Thank you, Morven! It was a good day, and a wonderful weekend.

Hi Cakelaw! And thanks!
You're a Virgo, too? That explains why your package was so awesome...and right-on!

Thank you, Cin!

Daphne; Thanks so much! It was a perfect day.

Hey, Jelly...good to hear from you!
Seriously, sushi & cheesecake are the ways to my heart. And thanks.

Brilynn; thank you!
I am lucky...I have two very sweet guys in my life, who like to see me happy. So, yes, there were thoughtful presents, and much love, given to me. Lucky, indeed.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Oh wow - so by sheer dint of good fortune I managed to send you a care package NEARLY in time for your birthday!! :o)

Hope you had an awesome day and many many happy returns!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Jeanne...it was rather coincidental, wasn't it?? Lucky me! And thank you!

I had a good day, no complaints here!

 
At 3:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Stephanie, hubby shifted jobs hence the move to Delhi. Besides the career part, I thought it would be a good experience for the three of us (2.3 yrd old daughter included)to be in a place very very different from the South(past 10 yrs) and the West (born and brought up). No sea, different language, different customs/attitude - character building stuff ;)
PLUS we get the chance to travel this side of our country! YAY!
My job which I also transferred to a branch office here,sucks unfortunately, so I'm seriously thinking of making a foray into the food business - in some way!

I love your latest post on cinnamon rolls - they look so good and so amazingly easy!! You inspire me to get into the kitchen and bake!

Now if only I could get inspired enough to pick up my behind and start on a blog so I could participate in all those cool events you host!

Raji

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker