Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

Blog Party#26: It's What's Inside

.




Today marks the start of a new month, and that means it's time for a new Blog Party theme!

September is sort of a special month to me, so for our 26th party, we'll be making some of my favorite appetizers...empanadas, wontons, dumplings, raviolis, potstickers. You know, things with Things Inside Other Things!

I love food with something to hide. Biting into one thing, then discovering another.
And many of these things are perfect cocktail foods.

So this month, tuck your favorite flavors inside some sort of bite-sized wrapper, between layers, in a hollow shell, or somehow surround it with something else. If you can find a way to do the same with your cocktail? Even better! And if you can, I'll tip my party hat to you.

Have questions? Not surprised. Visit this page for all kinds of Blog Party rules and regulations (don't worry; there aren't that many). Still puzzled? Send an email to me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com.

Your entries are due Thursday, 20 September; you may leave your URL in the comments section of any post, or send it to the above address.

The party will be that Saturday, 22 September.

I do hope to see you there!






Tagged with: + + + + + + + + +

8 Thoughts for food:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Brilynn said...

I've just been waiting for you to officially announce the theme so I could put up my post! I'm super early this month!

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You're not just super-early, you're first!!!

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger african vanielje said...

aaah! i've missed the party. Never mind. will hope to catch the next one.

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Rachael Narins said...

Oh wow, my post today would be perfect for this, only I didnt include an actual cocktail recipe! LOL. Oh well, next month then!

Cheers,
Rachael

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger thepassionatecook said...

oh no... i've missed it again! and there i was coming home from my blogger meeting today, full of good intentions with a brilliant idea - and just wanted to make sure i can submit until tomorrow... ok then, seeing that i've missed it, why don't i just settle on the sofa after a very busy week and do what i like to do most of all... absolutely nothing!!!

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

African Vanielje; I'm sorry you missed it, too! But I understand how that happens. I have so many good intentions when it comes to food events, and I'm lucky if I get one done!

I do hope you'll come back next month...

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, Rachael! I certainly hope you come next month.

And for the record? Although the rules specifically require a cocktail (or related beverage) for each entry? Not every one complies. In cases like this, I may just let it slide...

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Johanna, you and me, both! I've yet to sit down and copy that recipe for you, although I had every intention of doing so last weekend!

Well, I hope you enjoyed your time of nothingness...you certainly deserve it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker