Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Sort of Saltimbocca

.



Neat idea, but not what we'd hoped for.

Prosciutto, fried in butter, topped with an egg, which cooks till desired doneness.

Get what they're going for, but Matt wasn't that crazy about it. Oh, well...



Tagged with: + + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

it looks good to me.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger daphne said...

Look at the egg! It's bursting... ;p I love a good egg like that! yum!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Barbie; that's why we made it!

But, according to Matt, it wasn't...I don't know...enough, I suppose.

But it is pretty, isn't it?

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Daphne, I love that, too!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Debra said...

The egg and prosciutto look perfect!
A true saltimbocca would have the whole thing on top of a thinly pounded veal (or chicken) cutlet that was seasoned with salt, pepper, and sage, then dredged in flour and browned a few minutes on each side in equal amounts of butter and olive oil. Deglaze the pan with a little white wine. Serve the whole thing over fresh spinach sauteed with sliced garlic, pan sauce poured over.
Matt will definitely think it's enough!

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Debra; well, this recipe did come from Mark Bittman, he of few minutes and an equal number of ingredients, so it's no wonder the full Monty wasn't required.

And while I can deal with Matt consuming meat of various types, I cannot allow veal in the house. I've met too many baby cows...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker