Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

My Obsession

.



I don't really crave sweet things. I rarely eat them.

But when Matt & I saw this in the freezer secton of Earth Fare Sunday, well...I sent Matt into the next aisle to pick up one of those closable freezer bags. We were taking this fella home!

It's Green & Black's. It's organic. And it's ice cream.

Good ingredients. Better ingredients. And it's close to one hundred degrees here.

'Nuff said.

8 Thoughts for food:

At 4:44 PM, Blogger Nora B. said...

Stephanie, I got to your blog from Wendy's. Just wanted to say that your BBM package was AMAZING! and so thoughtful.

As for the ice-cream, I didn't know that B&G made ice cream too. I've only ever had their choc bars.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

So glad Nora just said that. My family have been calling me all night to tell me how lucky I am to have received your package!
Funny thing: I don't have a sweet-tooth either but I bought this last month and it was amazing. I'm not even that keen on ice-cream either!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Nora, and thanks! I had great fun putting it together for Wendy.

Oh, Green & Black's...I'm almost ashamed to admit I'd buy practically anything they sell!!!

But the ice cream is very new; and the UK has more flavor choices than the US!

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, Wendy...I really am happy you like it. And it really is my favorite stuff (well, some of it, anyway), so that makes it even better!

I'm with you! That ice cream, though...oh, my. Dangerously good...

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger daphne said...

Hi Stephanie! Oh, i didn;t know B&G makes ice-cream as well. Is it made in US? Maybe it isn't exported out to AUS yet.

On the other hand, have you tried WEISS- Mango ice-cream? If you are a big fan of that fruit, that is the ice-cream that I found containing abt 60% and more of fruit! It's great in summer.

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Daphne, I know they sell to the UK, but I'm not sure if you guys are getting it yet. It seems prety new.

No, I'm not familiar with that, but it sounds delicious!!!

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Avory said...

Hello! I stumbled across your blog from a link to the Blogging by Mail event, which I hope you'll do again because it looks amazing. I also just was looking at the mint party, and I'm sorry it's already the deadline because I've got some fresh mint in my fridge but I used it to make two recipes (panazella and melon bruschetta) that I got from other bloggers. Oh well. Maybe next time!

Anyway, I just wanted to confirm, the ice cream really is as good as the chocolate? I love Green & Blacks bars and I just noticed the ice cream at my local co-op, but at $5.25 a pop I was reluctant after recent financial setbacks.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hello Judith, and welcome!

Rest assured: with the wonderful outcome of the current BBM, I'm definitely planning to run another. Figure on a few months from now, just to give those last fourteen packages time to arrive!

Oh, we would have loved to have you at Blog Party! Do check back the first of each month; I announce the new theme that day.

Yeah, the ice cream ain't cheap, but believe me...it IS worth it. Oh, migosh; it is sooo good. My husband ended up eating almost the entire thing, saving very little for me, but what I did manage to snag? Worth every calorie!

Of course, I can only comment on the chocolate...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker