Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Friday, August 03, 2007

Dinner Ran Hot & Cold

.

But it was supposed to!


Corn & Cheese Purses

Some years back, my sweet cousin Amanda (who's currently hiking the Pacific Crest Trail...over 1500 miles so far!) gave me a wonderful vegetarian cookbook.
Unfortunately, it's one of hundreds on our shelves, so while it's littered with sticky tabs, it doesn't get used as often as it should.

Not long ago, though, I made close to a week's worth of meals from it, including these two tasty recipes.

Above, lightly buttered phyllo holds a mixture of corn & Feta, which was fantastic. Crunchy little bundles of sweet & savory.


Cold Potato & Leek Soup

This may not be much to look at it, but it was wonderful. Using a 'dark' vegetable stock from Mooswewood, this soup is little more than potatoes & leeks, cooked and pureed.

Surprisingly filling, endlessly comforting, yet light in calories and fat, as no cream or milk is added.





Blog Party#25 is coming, and this month all our appetizers and cocktails are going Minty Green!
See full details here; send your links to thehappysorceress at gmail dot com no later than 16 August. Hope to see you there!





Tagged with: + + + + + + + + +

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker