Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Potato-Chorizo Tacos with Simple Avocado Salsa

.



From Rick Bayless, and recommended by my in-laws.

Not too spicy, and absolutely filling.

Onions, potatoes, and chorizo (or 'soyrizo', in my case), cooked for a bit, then topped with a salsa of tomatillo, jalapeno, and avocado and served on warm tortillas.

Good stuff.




Last day to get those Minty Goodness entries in!!


Tagged with: + + + + + + + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger barbie2be said...

Mmmmmmmm!!!!!

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger winedeb said...

Those look GREAT! I am always trying to use tomatillo's whenever I get the opportunity. I love their flavor! I have getting them from one vendor at the farmers market and they are so fresh!!!

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Barbie...that pretty much sums it up!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Winedeb; thank heavens for my husband and a move to California, because if I was still living in my small & secluded northeastern PA town, I wouldn't even know what a tomatilla was!
I envy you your farmer's market...we can't seem to hang on to one here. Of course, TN has been deemed an agricultural disaster area, so I doubt much is actually growing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker