Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Waiter, there's something in my...

.


Thai-Flavored Grilled Salmon Salad

Ever since Jeanne first announced the creation of "Waiter, there's something in my...", I've been keen to participate.

No, I really have. It may not look that way to you, as this is my first entry, ever. But I really truly have tried. Either I miss a deadline, or fall asleep on the couch in sheer exhaustion, or something else gets in the way.

I came across the announcement for the latest theme, Meatless BBQ, a bit late, but c'mon...Jeanne practically cutomized this one for me. We love to grill (and I love the way Matt smells after standing over hot coals!), and meat-free foods? Oh, I can do that.




We turned this foodie-challenge into Saturday night dinner, starting with Grilled Potatoes & Red Peppers, which were (post-flames) sprinkled with a Mexican cheese. Yum.



Nothing shocking or new here, but Grilled Fresh Corn? Perfect.



And Spicy Grilled Tofu, based on a Senalgese recipe (from Linda McCartney); chunks of tofu marinated in peanut butter, lemon juice, onion, red pepper, thyme, and bay leaf, then grilled.
Lightly spicy, with delicate crunch.

Oh, and the photo at the top? That's all Matt.

A gorgeous chunk of Wild Alaskan Sockeye salmon, briefly marinated in olive oil, mint and red pepper, grilled to perfection!, then flaked over mixed greens and mung bean sprouts, dressed with a mix of lime juice, olive oil, soy sauce, red pepper, dash of sugar, and mint.

So, Jeanne...I did it!




Tagged with: + + + + + +

2 Thoughts for food:

At 6:45 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

Oh Stephanie - you star! You truly are the Superwoman of the foodblogs: not one but FOUR dishes for the price of one. I am waaaay impressed ;-) And I agree - I love the smell of Nick's hair and clothes after a BBQ. In fact, when the whole house smells of woodsmoke in the morning it feels almost like being home in South Africa.

I love the salmon and the potato pepper skewers - must make a note to try them next time we BBQ.

Thanks for taking part in WTSIM :)

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm a Soup-a Star!


Hee.

Thanks, and I'm just happy I finally managed to get something made for WTSIM. Will try very hard to do the same for next month.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker