Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

BBM: 10 Items or Less: It's TIME!

.



UPDATE

All swap information has been sent out!!


Ok; it's finally here. As the day wears on, your Blogging by Mail swap information will be arriving in your (e)mail. Keep checking! They'll be going out in the order of sign-up, so if you joined late, you'll get your partner's name later in the day.

Below you'll find all the other relevent information regarding the swap. I usually include this in your email messages, but gosh darn it: that's a lot of stuff to copy & paste 117 times.

If, by tomorrow morning, you have not received your parnter's name & details,do the usual Spam/Junk folder checking. Still can't find it, write to me ASAP.

Just a note: Not everyone who said 'yes' to international shipping will be doing so. We had a vastly uneven number of US to Other sign ups. I did my best, but a certain number will be shipping within the US or Canada.


WHAT TO DO NOW

You've gotten the name, address, etc. of the person you're sending to; now what do you do?

1. Check their blog; you can usually get a feel for a person by their blogging style.

2. Gather up your 10 items (in case you hadn't already!); here's where you need to balance sending your favorite items with the likes/dislikes/it'll kill me needs of the recipient. Example: you've won ribbons for your coconut macaroons, so of course you plan to send them. Turns out, your partner is allergic to coconut. Uh-huh; just a little common sense needed.

Some are allergic to nuts, to shellfish (I think this is only pertinent to people shipping from fish-heavy countries; be sure to check ingredient lists!), and several are vegetarian. If you have questions about what is veg and vegan friendly, please don't hesitate to ask. Believe me, I know.

3. Get those boxes packed up, and in the mail!
When at all possible, and even more so for those shipping overseas, any kind of tracking/insurance information you can get added would be great. I'm a Virgo, so naturally I like to keep things in order, to keep track of, well...everything. But unfortunately, once your box is in the mail, I can't do a thing about it. So, having some assurance, some idea, of where your box is can be a big help to all.

UPDATE Erm...I should probably list the ship-by date, uh? With the delay, boxes MUST be in the mail no later than 26 October. That's over three weeks to get going!

4. TELL ME WHEN YOUR BOX HAS SHIPPED
This is essential. I keep a running tally, on the 'who's signed up' post, which seems to make everyone happier. It's so important you let me know; I've had boxes thought never shipped, only to have someone say 'oh, that? yeah, shipped it a month ago. Forgot to tell you'. I love you guys, but I don't need the additional stress, 'k?

5. TELL ME WHEN YOUR BOX ARRIVES
Once you've gotten over the joy & excitement of opening your very own goodie box, take a picture or ten, write up a post then send me the URL. I will add it to the 'list'.

6. Enjoy!
After that, you're on your own. Hey, the hard work is done, you've gotten your reward. Have fun!

9 Thoughts for food:

At 12:56 AM, Blogger Julia from Dozen Flours said...

To all BBM'ers shipping Internationally: If you're curious, like I was, about how to properly format International addresses, I found an incredibly helpful website that gives you the correct address formatfor just about every country in the world.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Julia from Dozen Flours said...

Stephanie -- thank you for hosting this event. It's such a neat idea! I had a question for you - are we encouraged to contact our penpal if we have questions for them? My pen-pal's blog is in a foreign language and it's a bit difficult for me to get to know them. Thank you!

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Julia...thanks for the tip!

You may certainly contact her if you have questions. Most keep it a surprise, but in your case...well, a bit of an exchange in English would make things Much much easier!

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Abitofafoodie said...

Thank you for organising this again - it was such fun last time. Can't wait to get gathering those items!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger PheMom said...

So fun! I'm glad I made it in. I'm excited to put something together now. : )

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Shan @ Design Gal said...

I haven't recived my swap buddy info! email me at shans_design@yahoo.com

THanks!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Antonia...you're so welcome!

Mine's ready to go, except I need more bubble wrap. It'll be in the mail tomorrow!

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Phemom...me, too! Getting that box together is half the fun.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

design gal; I've re-sent it...let me know whether or not you got it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker