Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, May 30, 2005

Chocolate Praline Souffle Omelet, with Toasted Brioche---EoMEoTE

.

It's EoMEoTE time, hosted by Cook Sister!



Another recipe from a 1968 Gourmet.

An eggy, yet chocolate and not-too sweet souffle. Fluffy, and not too heavy.

Egg yolks beaten with sugar, till thick and pale. Melted dark chocolate and praline mixed in. Add beaten-till-stiff-peaks egg whites, and gently blend together. Pour onto a baking dish, smooth top. Create a furrow, and make hash marks along side. Sprinkle top with sugar, and bake in a slow oven till puffy and browned.

A decadent, chocolate and praline sauce, drizzled on top.

Melted milk chocolate, cream and praline, mixed together. Yum...



And a lovely brioche, lightly toasted.

10 Thoughts for food:

At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's an incredible creation, Stephanie! :) I love praline!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you! I'm digging your entry, as well...I just pretend the fish isn't there!

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Moira! I aim to please...

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Anthony said...

I love hash!

Oh hash "marks". Nevermind it still sounds great.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, Anthony...so sorry to disappoint!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

OMG, that looks totally divine! Diet, schmiet - pass me some chocolate souffle! Thanks for joining into the fun and for sharing your innovative idea with us. Roundup should go up over the weekend.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Jeanne!

I keep telling Matt that one day, I'm just going to scramble some eggs and serve them with whole wheat toast!

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Mika said...

The souffle with praline looks soooo good!

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Mika! I was really good!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Er...IT. It was good.

Me? Not so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker