Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Sad days

.

Is it true, British blog friends, that your famed tea tradition is disappearing?

One of the many things we loved about our honeymoon in Ireland was being offered a nice, hot, cup of tea everywhere we went.

Since England is still on my 'wish list' of places to visit, I truly hope the good people across the pond don't turn into coffee drinkers before I get there!

2 Thoughts for food:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger Niki said...

Yes, I've noticed it over there. Coffee can be done more quickly and on the run. It's such a big show when you order tea somewhere; they bring out a whole bloody tray of bits and bobs - pot, strainer, extra pot of water yada yada yada. Which is lovely for the theatre of the event, but slightly embarrassing when your friends all have a caffe latte in a single cup and you're having to faff around making yours up yourself. Especialyl bad if you've got a small cafe table!
The same thing is happening here in Australia, which was as big a tea drinking country as the UK. A bit of a shame, because I adore a hot, strong cup of tea. But as a half Italian I love the fact we get such good espresso here in Australia too.
One thing that really annoys me, and it happened more than I thought it should have in the 'home' of tea drinking, was the amount of places that just give you a teabag limpling dangling over the pot. You still get the tray and all the bitsnpieces about, but all of that faffing about for something that ends up tastes revolting? No wonder it's going out of fashion. Kudos to the places that have started using real tea leaves again!

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Matt had an experience like that in London, during a stop-over. He really enjoyed all the pomp and circumstance of getting a nice cuppa!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker