Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Mini-luau

.

Alright; that may be a bit of an exaggeration...

Saturday's dinner: sweet corn on the cob, couscous with roasted pecans, and Moon Over Maui Shrimp: a kebab of vegetarian shrimp (and chicken), marinated in white wine, pineapple juice, olive oil, garlic, onion and parsley, wrapped in vegetarian bacon and grilled.



Good stuff! The recipe came from a cookbook I bought not long ago, Retro Luau, from Collector's Press (while you can order the book through Amazon, I personally prefer to buy from this small and quirky publisher).

It had a decent flavor; not over-powering (although we did not let the 'meats' marinate as long as required), and the 'bacon'-wrapping was a perfect accompaniment.

I've found a lot of fabulous recipes in these 'Retro...' books, and if they continue to be as good as this one, we'll keep on buying them.

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker