Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Round or square, it's all good.

.

More from Real Food; Hot Mozzarella Foccacia.

First thing; make foccacia!



Matt says it's the best-looking foccacia I've made yet.

After that, slice fresh mozzarella and marinate it with red pepper and chopped basil, pour on olive oil and allow to sit for half an hour.

Grill scallions.

Assemble sandwiches: Slice foccacia, on one cut side, pour on some of the mozzarella marinate oil, then prosciutto (or veggie bacon), mozzarella, and sliced onions. Grill on each, until cheese melts.



Oooh...yum. The foccacia was fantastic, and the cheese, divine. Although we were both in agreement that the next time? Skip the onions. The scallions were more of a distraction than anything else.

But otherwise, quite nice.

16 Thoughts for food:

At 12:37 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

Oooh yum...I haven't seen your others, so I guess I'm not qualified to say it's your best, but that focaccia looks incredible!

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Cathy!

It's the first time I've made it round, so that's different.

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger Cerebrum said...

I have to agree with Cathy, that foccacia looks FANTASTIC!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Nic said...

It looks like I'm not the only one who thinks your foccacia looks great, Stephanie. Yum!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Zarah, Nic...thank you so much!

That foccacia is the very first bread recipe I made; and it gave me a lot of confidence. I may not be in love with yeast-based recipes these days, but I'm feeling a lot more secure about tackling them since I've been making the foccacia!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

So THIS is why I never read your blog beofer (I hve it daily in bloglines now)

MAN I am hungry :)

Too fun!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger All Things Jennifer said...

I spell good. Honest. Just not when salivating over scallions...

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

You know, any time you want to take a little trip South (I do mean, travel geographically...gutter brain), I'd be happy to cook for you!

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger Indira said...

That's the best looking foccacia I have ever seen and that grilled sandwitch looks very tempting.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Indira, thank you so very much! I'm blushing...nah, but almost.

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stephanie,
I guess I'm repeating what has been already mentioned, but really: your foccacia looks terrific. I've been making different naan(s) for a while and tried a few of Petra's bread recipes. Can't wait to try this one!

 
At 5:47 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Oliver (and in my head, I hear Tasmin saying your name...from the BBC's "Coupling").

We adore naan! Matt's rather perfected the technique, using a tortilla press.

The foccacia recipe is Jamie Oliver's, and can be found on the Food Network site, in case you're interested.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Cate said...

Gorgeous focaccia!

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you!

I'm beginning to get the feeling I did a good job...

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Niki said...

Wow - it really does look amazing and professional. I've never made bread before, but I'm wondering if a foccaccia recipe should be the place for me to start?

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Niki, I think it's a great place to start. It's very much hands on, and there's very little chance of it going wrong. It's my favorite bread recipe...and I'd be happy to send it to you, if you'd like!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker