Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Comfort Food

.



I've had a craving...for comfort foods.

So, Matt picked up a Now & Zen Complete Unturkey Feast on his way home from work. Add to this a big pot of mashed potatoes, more gravy (because they don't provide enough), and my own stuffing (their's is ok, but mine is better!), and I am sated...


(Unturkey, with yuba 'skin' and stuffing, about to enter the oven)

6 Thoughts for food:

At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

when i was still meatless, i brought an unturkey to thanksgiving one year. for my meat-loving chinese family, it did not go over well. needless to say, there was a lot left over.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Kevin said...

Stephanie,

No criticism intended, but eating fake meat baffles me.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Dexygus...so far, only Alex and I eat it. Matt's not crazy about it.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Kevin...none taken.

I gave up meat because I wasn't comfortable killing animals for my own pleasure, not because I didn't like it. This is my way of getting the best of both worlds.

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is it made from, tofu? I've never seen an "unturkey" before.

 
At 2:08 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Yeah; soy, vegetable protein; things like that.

There are two kinds out there: Tofurkey, which is vile, and the Unturkey, which is considerably better.

Granted, it doesn't taste exactly like turkey, but it does fill the void.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker