Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Light and Easy

.



A quick, healthy and very tasty dinner. Southwestern Chopped Salad, a repeat from Vegetarian Times; grape tomatoes, avocado, hard-boiled egg, red bell and jalapeno peppers, pinto beans, corn, and lime tortilla chips tossed with a little bit of olive oil, lime juice, chili powder and sugar.

Fabulous.

I love this salad. It's so fresh and filling, and packed with flavor. Love, love, love.




A light garlic soup,created by cooking tons of chopped garlic in olive oil, then adding the garlic to broth; dressed up with avocado, garlic croutons and queso fresco. Perfect. Recipe comes from Rick Bayless.

6 Thoughts for food:

At 3:49 AM, Blogger eat stuff said...

They both look great!
I am thinking of making something like the top salad but serving in on half a baked sweet potato for dinner..
The bottom soup looks really different any chance you would eml me the recipe?

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you!

And absolutely; I'll get that recipe to you soon.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Cerebrum said...

Mmm, I especially like the look of that salad...

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, and as always, the recipe's yours if you want it!

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Joe said...

They both look good! I loved when Rick was on the various FoodTV shows as a guest chef - his stuff has always been a winner.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Joe!

I like him, too (we both do), which is just another reason I'm not a Bobby Flay fan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker