Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving Menu; or, If The Pilgrims Were French

.

So, here's what we're making for T-Day this year: note the absence of tukey!

Blackberry Champagne Cocktail
(non-alcholic version available)

Selection of Cheeses

Gorgonzola Dolce
Comte
Bucheron
Morbier
St. Andre

Pesto and Brie Cananpes

Lentil Ravioli in Garlic Broth

White Asparagus with Pistachio Polonaise

Puree of Potatoes

Cheese Tart

Lemon Champagne Game Hens (or Veat)

Chocolate Pate' with Champagne Sabayon

Marbled Black and White Truffles

Mendiants


Tagged with
, ,

10 Thoughts for food:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Laura said...

that sounds absolutely wonderful. i love game hens on a holiday -- made some last Christmas and served them cold -- and the asparagus sounds really yummy. Good luck with that and enjoy!

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Laura!

Matt doesn't like turkey. I no longer eat it (grumble, grumble), so getting a turkey to feed 2-3 people (we're just having his parents over) didn't make sense.

This way, everyone gets something fabulous, and we cut down on left-overs!

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Lady Amalthea said...

But left-overs are the best part!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving; everything sounds really delicious, especially the lentil ravioli.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Only if someone eats them...!

Thanks, and you too!

 
At 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a wonderful sounding menu! Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving! :)

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you so much, joey!

And have a good weekend!

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Menu sounds wonderful, Stephanie. something for everyone. Me, I like lentil ravioli, cheese tart and that chocolaty things. I would love to see the pictures and recipes of these items. Are you gonna post, maybe after thanksgiving?

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Indira!

Yes, I'll be posting. Possibly as early as Thursday night. Depends on how tired we are!

 
At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, I just wanna come for the cheese tray! It's hard to be a pregnant chick and know that people are eating yummy cheeses that I'm not supposed to touch!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh, Cristy; I feel your pain!

When I was pregnant with Alex, it seemed like my in-laws were using taboo-cheeses every time we went there to eat.

Complete torture!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker