Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Those Fruits de Mer Are ROTTEN

.



Yes, I've been away.

I was dealing with some Blogger problems; I couldn't even access this blog. Kind of hard to post when faced with a 'you don't have permission to view this address' message, eh?

And then...well, I made Creole Chicken and Ham Fried Rice.

Stir-fried scallions and red bell peppers to start, followed by ham (we used pancetta for Matt, and veggie ham slices for me), paprika and cayenne, then (already cooked) chicken (and Veat) rice, shrimp and water; cook till shrimp are done.

Although we both thought it a bit bland...it clearly needed more spice...we liked it.

But then...Matt got sick.

I mean, seriously unwell. Let's say he had an unpleasant evening, and called in sick the next day.

The only thing we can think of: the shrimp were 'bad'.

Matt had picked up a package of frozen shrimp on the way home (very last minute "crap, we need shrimp!"), and we defrosted and used about half.

Based on the way he's felt since that meal, the left-overs have gone out with the trash for today's pick-up.

Poor guy's been subsisting on toast, ice cream and tea.

So...not much cooking going on around here!





Blog Party 8 has been announced, and this month, we're having Brunch! Turn your favorite breakfast foods into bite-sized treats, and get those entries to me no later than 16 March; Blog Party is 18 March. Hope to see you there!



Tagged with: , , ,

4 Thoughts for food:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad he's feeling better.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Emily...thank you! He's doing much better today, but we went through a good day and a half of 'bleah'.

I don't think he'll be eating shrimp again any time soon!

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Jeff in NC said...

Oh, ick. That's no fun at all. Glad to hear he's doing better.

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Jeff...he's still a bit worn out, but he did manage to eat my SHF entry! So, he must be doing better, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker