Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Feeding the Parents

.



My Mom, step-dad, and 'baby' sister (she's a good four or five inches taller than me, despite being the youngest) are here; Mom starts her externship at the Biltmore next week, and is spending some quality time with her (only) grandson before she's knee-deep in cake flour.

We wanted to take them out to dinner, and settled on our favorite Indian restaurant, Sitar. (Matt says it's the best Indian food you'll ever get at a Captain D's)

Alison (that would be my sister) had been to an Indian restaurant once before, but hadn't ventured too far past the 'safe' choices. Mom, to my surprise, had eaten Indian food (many, many moons ago) when she lived in New York City, but as she told me, it wasn't quite as 'nice' as what we were offering. As for my step-dad, it was all new to him.

We spent some time explaining dishes and treatments to them, and finally ended up with a pretty varied set of dishes.

Alison ordered the Non-Vegetarian Thali, and really enjoyed it. Bill (that's my step-dad) got the Mixed Grill, Mom had the Chana Sag, Matt the Botii Kebab, and I had my (current) favorite, Malai Kofta. Lots of appetizers; both vegetarian and meat-filled Samosas, Pakoras, and Panir Pakoras.

Bill and Alison each got a soup; Hyderabadi Murgh Shorba and Mulligatwany.

And bread! Can't forget the bread.

Several orders of Naan (garlic and regular), as well as Puris.

Everyone loved their meal, which is pretty much what we were going for.










Blog Party#10 is a week away, and this month we're having a Garden Party! Cute little sandwiches, and that perfect cup of tea...won't you join us? Entries are due 18 May, that's this Thursday....can't wait to see you there!


Tagged with: + + + +

4 Thoughts for food:

At 3:12 AM, Blogger Vineela said...

Hi Stephanie,
Really good that you enjoyed indian food with your family.
I like malaikofta ,naan very much.Ya,Hyderabadi(my home town)biryani is famous .Happy Weekend.
Vineela

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Vineela!!

Wow...we had a dish from your hometown? That's so neat!

We do love Indian cuisine, and were so happy to share it with other people.

Malai kofta is fantastic!

And a good weekend to you, too!

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger CameraDawktor said...

Woah, YUMMY!!!

Happy Mom's day, and I hope I get my act together about making the Devonshire TEA!!

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, and Happy Mom's day to you, as well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker