Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Monday, May 15, 2006

To each, her own...way of celebrating Mother's Day

.



Matt asked what I wanted for Mother's day. I think my reply was something along the lines of "ten hours of sleep".

He couldn't buy or make that for me, but he and Alex did prepare a nice breakfast of smoked mozzarella-topped scrambled eggs, toast, veggie bacon and hash browns, and tea; all served on a lovely breakfast-in-bed tray. There was a nifty cupcake stand, a cute little massage device (Matt's convinced I'm too tense...where does he get an idea like that?), and a bag of Lindt truffles that I'm trying to forget about.

Can't forget the lovely, organic, flowers they sent



which came with these fabulous chocolates





Matt also made dinner (yes, I let him!); an Unturkey, and gravy and stuffing...yum.

I most certainly did not get my wished-for sleep, but it was still a good day.

My mother-in-law, on the other hand, wishes for chocolate. And that's what I gave her.



Chocolate Ganache Cupcakes

Chocolate buttermilk cupcakes (no eggs!), coated first with a dark chocolate ganache, then drizzled with milk chocolate ganache; and then topped with semi-sweet chocolate shavings.



Happy Mother's day!


Blog Party#10 is this Saturday, and this month we're having a Garden Party! Cute little sandwiches, and that perfect cup of tea...won't you join us? Entries are due 18 May, this Thursday....can't wait to see you there!


Tagged with: + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 10:07 AM, Blogger CameraDawktor said...

Wow, those chocolate ganache cupcakes look to die for!

Sounds like you had a good Mother's Day, I did too!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you!

They were surprisingly easy to make, too...it was more about time than effort (waiting for things to cool and set took more time than anything).

Yeah, it was pretty good. Even the dogs 'gave' me a card!

 
At 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes look fantastic!

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Emily...let me know if you'd like the recipe!

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Cate said...

Looks like you had a great day! The cupcakes look delicious .... mmmm, and chocolate is good for you!

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Cate...it definitely didn't suck.

And thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker