Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

With a Hurry on the Curry

.



Oooh; that was bad, wasn't it?

Sorry 'bout that. I always get stuck on the titles. And all I could think of was the turkey curry from Bridget Jones.

Yeah, I'm that desperate.

It's been an interesting first week of 'no dairy'. I keep getting hung up on the little things, like wanting a tall glass of milk with my morning bagel, or to top salad with cottage cheese.

And of course, now that I can't have it, I'm suddenly dying for chocolate. Go figure.

Dinner's been a bit tricky, too.

I usually make two versions of the same meal; one with, the other without, meat, so Matt and I (and more often, Alex) can eat the same thing each night. It's not difficult, but does require a bit of planning and prep.

But now, I can either make something entirely different for me, and let Matt have whatever he wants (like those basil, Asiago and pine nuts ravioli, darn it all), or search out as many non-dairy recipes I can.

I guess I just didn't realize how often we used cheese, milk, butter, and cream. Hm.

A pretty satisfying, but dairy-free meal, Ina Garten's Curried Chicken Wraps.

Shredded chicken (and Veat), chopped celery, scallions and cashews (because it's us, the raisins, for some reason, didn't make it in...), mixed with a dressing of mayo, white wine, chutney (we used Major Gray's), salt and a house-made curry powder...supposed to refrigerate for a few hours, but we just couldn't wait, then wrapped in tortillas.

I expected a stronger flavor, because of the curry powder. In fact, it was a bit sweet, but nice.

And that's one whole dairy-free week!



Tagged with: + + + +

0 Thoughts for food:

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker