Dispensing Happiness

A good cook is like a sorceress who dispenses happiness.-Elsa Schiapirelli

That's me, the magical good cook.

Borrowing from my friend Dexygus, I've created my own food blog.

Read of my exploits in the kitchen! Salivate over the descriptions of fabulous desserts and savory meals I've concocted!

No, seriously...go ahead. It'll make my day.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Swirl Cinnamon Bread/French Toast

.



Double-duty recipe, another from Tate's Bake Shop: Zvi's Cinnamon Swirl Bread.

It takes forever to make this bread; after mixing, it sits for an hour. Shape it, wait an hour. And after it's all ready? Bakes for over an hour!



But it's worth it...seriously good bread.



And on the author's recommendation, I turned several slices into French toast. Most excellent.

The recipe makes three loaves, which means with two still in the freezer, the guys will have all the cinnamon-y goodness they can stand.





Blog Party#15 is here, and this month, we're hitting the books! That's right, we're taking inspiration from our favorite stories and turning them into appetizers and cocktails! Post your dishes no later than Thursday, 19 October...early is always good...and get your links to me either by posting in the comments, or by emailing me at thehappysorceress at gmail dot com. I'll post the party round-up Saturday, the 21st. Hope to see you there!


Tagged with: + + + + +

6 Thoughts for food:

At 7:48 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

That looks so good Stephanie! I love French toast and haven't had it in ages - using homemade cinnamon swirl bread would put it completely over the top!

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! That looks good.

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Cathy!

It really was good, and not at all difficult to make. It just took so darn long! And of course, I had to wait until CSI was over, so it was close to two before I got to bed...I'm such an idiot.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Thank you, Peabody!

I so rarely eat the stuff I bake, but I couldn't pass on this one.

 
At 3:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love everything that has cinnamon. Yummy! Darn, you made me hungry.

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Mary; it's kind of like shopping on an empty stomach...you have to be careful when you read food blogs!

And thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



[ Previous 5 Sites | Skip Previous | Previous | Next ]

This RingSurf Food~n~More Ring Net Ring
owned by Stephanie.

[ Skip Next | Next 5 Sites | Random Site | List Sites ]

eXTReMe Tracker